Saturday, August 27, 2011

GOOGLE DOCS Group Project

  This week in our ED TECH class we had the opportunity to learn about the many different online resources we have through Google Docs. My group was assigned to working with Google Docs, while some other groups worked with other forums such as Google Presentation or Google Spreadsheet. As a group we spent some time playing around with the document, using the collaboration option so that we could all edit the document at the same time from different computers. We spent time writing about what we could do, adding pictures, etc. You can view our DOC here.
   I have used Google Docs in the past, and really appreciate it as a tool to access documents from any computer. I also enjoy the ability to share these documents with other students, get feedback, and have multiple people edit the same document at the same time. I often use this to edit my peer's papers, or have mine edited in return. As I already had quite a bit of experience using Google Docs, I was able to facilitate my team in learning the many different things one can do. I was somewhat of a team leader, and I enjoyed being able to help my classmates who had never used a forum like this before. Furthermore, I also learned new tasks that I had not previously known, simply by poking around on the button options.
  In my own classroom, I can definitely see using this tool to help my students collaborate outside of the classroom, or even take group notes during class. While this may be somewhat distracting, it really is a great way to get a group to work together. I will also be recommending to my students that they save their documents in Google Docs so that they have access to them whether they are at home or at school.



1 comment:

  1. CLASS NOTE TAKING --- be SURE to address this potential during your presentation. I'd like to elaborate on this possibility. THanks for the thorough reflection.

    ReplyDelete